I decided to finally get a phone and join the modern world. For years I have been using an iPod touch for music and internet. So I headed down to T-Mobile to get a new iPhone 6. Oh man! All they stock is the 16g version. No way that will work for me. I wasn't happy, but I finally settled for an Galaxy S5. My daughter is now offering to trade her iPhone 5s for my S5. Should I do it?
- I use to work for Eric Schmidt (CEO of Google) -- I had lunch with Steve Jobs a few times, and he even visited my little office. IPhone wins
- Size: my kids use to make fun of me because I had an old big cell phone, now they are wanting bigger phones. However, for my bike adventures the smaller size wins. IPhone.
- The S5 is water proof. S5
- I am terrible at spelling. I frequently select a word and hit define to make sure I have the right homonymy (is that the right word?, I don't know how to get android to do that for me.) IPhone
- Jobs is great, but ironically, given the famous 1984 ad, he turned Apple into big brother. S5
- Replaceable battery. S5
- Memory cards. S5
- App store. I feel like I can download apps from apple and not worry about malware. Android needs a virus scanner. IPhone.
- Typing. My daughter installed the google keyboard on myS5. Better but still I liked the iPhone keyboard better.
- Autocorrect. It seems the S5 does well here. I was always cursing apples autocorrect.
What else am I missing? Post your opinions.